Friday, July 15, 2016

Interview with a Bellydancer: Virginia Hojas

Thanks to Virginia Hojas with Dark Side Tribal in Bloomington, IN, for agreeing to be interviewed for our "Interview a Bellydancer" series!


Virginia at Flavors of 4th Street 2014

Anything you want included about family, non-Bellydance job, other interests: I have a husband, a stepdaughter, two cats, and a dog. Full house!


If you had superpowers, what would they be? Teleportation. I don’t even need to think about it. Being able to travel just by snapping my fingers. I’ll spend this weekend in Spain.

If I opened your refrigerator right now, what would I find? Cashew milk, coconut water, Enjoy Life chocolate chips.



Virginia and the Pres

What is your favorite genre of books? Thrillers. I love not being able to put down a book.

If you were in a horror movie, what would be chasing you?  Some supernatural thing. A spirit, a ghost. Something I would not be able to explain rationally.

What is your proudest Bellydance moment? Inviting three students I saw grow into beautiful dancers to come to the Dark Side (we have cookies).

Terri (Third Eye Tribal), Beth (Tamarind), Virginia (Dark Side Tribal), Dawn (Dayanisma)

Classic, modern, or movement dialect and why? Modern. I love being able to improvise ATS(R) with other dancers I’ve never met and I love Volumes 7 and 9!

What is your best advice to student dancers? Practice and all will come.

What is something most people don’t know about you? I’ve been a crossfitter for two years, even though I’m not a competitive person. I also was once the lead singer in a Latin music band in WV!

Thanks Virginia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment